Jun 23, 2009

Jacque's Tortellini & Spinach Soup


Here's a really good recipe for a large pot of soup that only takes minutes to put together. I hope you will try it soon...You can always either cut the recipe in half if it looks like too much, or try freezing part of it.

1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
5-6 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
1/2-1 cup dry white wine
2 - 48 oz. cans low-fat, low sodium chicken broth
1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1-9 oz. bag fresh spinach, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. dry sweet basil (rub between palms to crush)
1 tsp. chili powder
2 - 16 oz. bags tortellini, either frozen or dry
1-2 Tbsp. butter
Parmesan cheese for garnish

Method:

Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in the wine, tomatoes, broth, and seasonings and bring to a boil. Cook for two minutes. Add tortellini and cook for six minutes. Add chopped spinach and cook till it wilts, about a minute. Add butter and cook till it melts. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread and butter.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious Jacque!
Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

I was here (and thank, Jacque, for leaving your comment on my post, too). I'm so glad I read about your father! I would have liked to know him. The painting you shared is outstanding. You, your siblings & grandchildren are blessed people! How you must miss him.... My father is still with us - he, too, has lived a godly life. His character and prayers have influenced us all and continue to provide stability and support for his family. So good to "chat" with you.

Anonymous said...

This sounds good and I am going to try it... I love trying new recipes. Thanks for sharing this! :)