Mar 10, 2009

full of dreams...

Here's a candid shot from the wedding we attended last Saturday in SC. Congratulations to Emily and Gus! This beautiful 20-something couple stand here full of hopes and dreams as they begin their new life together. I'm sure there are some fears, too. But mostly dreams. My husband and I had lots of time to talk on our 10 hour drive back home from the wedding weekend. We marveled at how it seems like only yesterday that we were 20-something, with our whole lives ahead of us. And then we started to do something we haven't done in a while, but should do more often. We talked about possibilities for our own future. In other words, dreams. We asked each other open-ended questions. We listened to each other. This was not a time for problem solving or decision making. Just a time to think and talk. Safely. A time to share with each other what is in our heart of hearts. I'd forgotten how much fun it is to dream out loud. We may be getting older, but not too old to dream. While we don't know how much time we have ahead of us, we have today. What a gift and treasure!

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I'm always saying to my husband "I'm thinking out loud -sooo"...when ever bringing up a possible change in something or other...I guess that would be "talking safely about dreams" as you so well put it. You seem to have a very nice and stable marriage, which makes our later years in life even better.

Jacquelyn Stager said...

I love that! "I'm thinking out loud - sooo" That's my new line!!! Thanks!

Ellie said...

That's a sweet photo.

I'm wondering if any of those dreams involve moving to South Carolina?