Nov 17, 2010

Fall Wrap-Up...


As many of you know, I entered the Fall season kicking and screaming. It's not that I dislike Autumn...but rather that I love Summer so much and it is such a short season here in NE Ohio. However, with just a few really cold or rainy days, we have had a most beautiful and moderate Fall this year, and I have enjoyed "living in the moment" rather than wishing I was back in Summer.

But I have to warn you...There is only one week of Fall left, because the Christmas season starts the day after Thanksgiving! And I am chomping at the bit...

But before I get ahead of myself, I thought I'd post a few random photos ...


Here's a wreath I made for my friend, Jennifer...

Her hubby Ken lost his job this Fall, and she has been doing some temporary work from home to help hold things together...


So one day recently, another friend and I decided to kidnap Jennifer for an afternoon (with Ken's foreknowledge and blessing of course) and we showed up at her door to surprise her...

Rachel had kept Ken's and Jen's 4 year old all morning to give them a quiet house to get some work done...and she thought Rachel was just returning him home. But instead, I showed up too, with their supper of home made chicken noodle soup, bread, salad, and coffee cake.

That way, we could spend a guilt-free afternoon eating at one of our favorite Middle East restaurants, Aladdins...

ending with dessert and lattes at Caribou Coffee! Good times, good friends...and I'm happy to say that Ken will start a new job the first of next month! Thank you Lord!

Here's the large wreath I've used on my door this Fall. I found it at the flea market for only $6!

Until about 2 years ago, my kitchen was green and pink. So I always had trouble with the Fall decorations in there. Now it is yellow, barn red, and navy. I've been collecting these amber colored glass pieces from thrift stores, and I've enjoyed being able to use these and things with the other Fall colors now...


I truly am going to miss these days...

My granddaughter and the little boy next door, playing in the leaves before we raked them last weekend...those leaves that were still on the tree a few days ago are pretty much down now...

The costumes are put away...and so is the candy...!

And I just have one more week to look forward to while enjoying the last of the season...as my SC family will be driving up to spend Thanksgiving with us!


So many blessings we have enjoyed this past year...and so many more to look forward to. Before I get overwhelmed with Christmas, I wanted to be sure you knew OUR news!!! This coming March we are expecting grandbaby #5, another baby boy to join two big brothers, Deacon and Owen in SC...and grandbaby #6, a girl to bless big sister Elylah and big brother Ethan here in Ohio.

I might be in the "Autumn" of my life, but it is a GOOD season, and I am determined to count each day as a gift from God. How are you feeling about whatever season of life you are in?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

What beautiful wreath! And how your friend must have appreciated your ministry to her family...

The amber-ware is attractive and so suited for autumn! (Our youngest daughter is named Amber...I have given her a few amber pieces -- but she lives in small apartment and doesn't need a lot of "stuff", so I try to refrain and not inflict on her my accumulations).

Wanda..... said...

Congratulations on the expected additions to your family! I knew of one, but not two. Great news!

I love the Season of my life too, just enjoying my moments and making the most of them with family and friends, plus having the pleasure of solitude, when I choose. Each Season has it's special blessings!

Jackie said...

The wreath you made is beautiful and what a lovely surprise for Jennifer! Congratulations on the new babies...how exciting!

Have a great day.
Jackie

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

HI Jaquelyn,
I have to say I love this season of life as well. It took some getting used to at first, but it truly is a blessing, and I like you want to enjoy every last minute of it.
Both your wreaths were so pretty, and really liked the one you made for your friend, that was really sweet and the dinner too. I am sure she was thrilled!! and to get to go out with you guys as well.
Glad your kids are coming to spend Thanksgiving with you, I know you will enjoy that.
I have only started thinking about Christmas a tiny bit, I pretty much don't let myself go there until after Thanksgiving, cause I try to take it one day and one event at a time, cause I really hate to feel stressed!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you hon,
Blessings, Nellie