May 23, 2012

Somebody give this a name!




I needed to use up the leftovers before the holiday weekend.  So I tried an experiment and with just a little tweeking, I think this is a keeper...

In my fridge I found eggs, milk, a couple tubes of crescent rolls, fresh spinach, a little fresh salsa , four pieces of bacon and 2 sausage links that were already cooked,  some fresh mushrooms, and a jar of cheese dip.  First I cut up the sausage and bacon, then chopped the spinach.  Then I beat the eggs in a bowl, added a little milk, and beat it well with the mixer, and added everything else to it.



I sprayed my cupcake tin with Pam, and then wiped most of it off with a paper towel.  Next, I opened up the crescent rolls and cut them  into squares and lined the muffin tin.  I filled them with the egg mixture.  Since there was still some of the dough left, I cut pieces and layed them on top.  I forgot to time how long I baked these, but just until the egg was set...




Next time I will remember not to fill them so full...




But since I had used Pam, they lefted out easily...



I set them in cupcake wrappers AFTER baking for easy handling.  These were simple to make and tasted  so good!  Now I just need to know what to call them.  Any suggestions out there??


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like Crescent Quiche to me!

Diana said...

Jacquelyn's breakfast pop-ups!
I love this, it sounds delicious.
Love Di ♥

Dee said...

Jacquelyn's crescent delight. :)

Jacquelyn Stager said...

I think I'm going to call them "Quiche Muffins" !