Oct 15, 2010

THAT was easy!


People do all sorts of things for personal therapy. I like to play in the kitchen though I don't always have a lot of free time to experiment.

Last week I made this:



but I had extra pie filling left over...



and I wasn't sure what to do with it until I remembered I had these in my cupboard...



So I put two boxes of them (30) on a cookie sheet, and filled them with the leftover pie filling...


I baked them in the oven for 15 minutes at 425℉ and then 15 minutes longer at 350℉.

After they cooled, I added a dollop of Cool-Whip on top of them...


and I am not kidding, these are REALLY GOOD!

I had made my own pie filling using the famous Libbey's recipe, but for something like this you could very easily use the canned pie filling that is already to go. I don't remember the exact price I paid for the fillo shells but I think they were on sale at around $1/box at our local discount grocery store.

So if you need a quick and tasty dessert this fall or winter, or just want to do something simple with your children or grandchildren, give it a try!

9 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I like to experiment in the kitchen too, Jacquelyn. The g/kids like these mini's filled with a little vanilla pudding and a dollop of blueberry or cherry pie filling on top, but I've never used them for pumpkin pie, but will!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Jacquelyn,
Your pie looks delish, and so cute in the pie plate, and your lil punkin
delights look wonderful too. I am sure they are quite tasty. I like experimenting too, sometimes out of necessity. They always say necessity is the Mother of invention, I find that to be true many times when I am cooking.
Hope you are doing well hon, and enjoying this wonderful season of the year.
blessings, Nellie

Rebecca said...

I SO enjoy pumpkin desserts & these little ones are precious! I'd like to think I'd eat less since they're so small....

Great idea. I shall have to figure out where the phyllo cups are...frozen?

How are your allergies, by the way?

Lori said...

Most of the time cooking and baking in the kitchen is therepudic for me too. I have a couple of baking pumpkins that I am going to cook up tomorrow and making into some kind of treat...I was thinking pumpkin bars but these look pretty tasty too. Happy weekend. XX

Shirley said...

They look delicious!

Jess said...

How fun and how tasty! I'll have to share with my daughter, as she is the baker in the family.
I can't say that cooking is therapuetic for me! HA
But scrapbooking is!

Tried to email you the other day but was bumped off of Outlook Express (the engine that comes up from blogger) and lost it all. =(

We looked up Tallmadge and saw that you are almost 6 hours from Louisville. Oh well, we were dreaming of a get-together...maybe some day. ;)
Love and Blessings.

Aliene said...

Looks delicious. And easy. I just made a craw fish etoffee. That's a Louisiana dish. Did you try any when you lived close by?

Crown of Beauty said...

Your pumpkin plates are lovely, and both the pie and the baked left over filling with cream on top look tempting.

One thing that I feel each time I finish reading something you've written is how warm and positive your spirit is...

Hope you have fully recovered from your bout with allergy! Prayed for you a few times the past days.

Love
Lidj

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Far more crafty in the kitchen than I am, but even I might be able to pull this off...

Hope you're feeling better.

peace~elaine