I'm not a huge fan of blog awards because of a couple of reasons. First, I like to think that gifts come with no strings attached, and usually there are "requirements" to be met in order to accept the award. Secondly, I really don't have the time. It's all I can do to get around to all the blogs I want to read, plus write my own. Thirdly, there's always the chance of offending someone who you didn't "choose" to pass the award on to. A year ago this month, a sweet blogger friend tried to give me an award and I turned it away and posted one of those "award-free blog" signs in my sidebar. Now I'm ashamed and sorry I did that.
Today I have re-thought my attitude. Nellie over at Nellie's Cozy Place blessed me with a blog award and I am graciously receiving it. Thank you Nellie for thinking of me! You have been a great blogging friend and a wonderful encouragement to me! Visit Nellie if you have a chance and introduce yourself. You will find lots of love over there, as well as all kinds of interesting things.
But I AM breaking the rules. I'm listing 8 (not 7) blogs that I enjoy reading regularly and I think you might enjoy them too. Please copy the award onto your blog only if you WANT to. You may have reasons for not doing that, and there is no need to explain if you choose not to. Pass the award on only if you WANT to and have the time. It can be 7 people or as few or as many as you like. Lastly, list 7 things about yourself that people may not know if you WANT to and have the time. I'm going along with this just because I think it is fun and MAYBE someone will be interested! Oh and don't forget to tell the people you've awarded, but only if you WANT to! I'm not going to tell them...I'll see if they are reading my blog!
So here are some great blogs that I recommend, in no special order. Thank you ladies for being my friends in the blogosphere. I left off some of my favorite reads if I saw a "no awards" sign on your blog, but if you reconsider, let me know! Oh and by the way, some of these ladies have more than one great blog going, so be sure to check their sidebars.
I recommend you visit:
*Rebecca - Life and Godliness
*Jessica - Jewels for the Journey
*Brenda - Beesnest
*Hilary - Accidentally Green
*Judy - Anybody Home
*Lori - My Life Interrupted
*Elaine - Peace for the Journey
*Lois - Walking on Sunshine
7 Things you May Not Know About Me
1) My hubby Bob and I will celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary this year. We have to make it last at least until September 25th because I've already ordered and received a snowflake Christmas ornament with that fact engraved on it! (Lisa Leonard Designs)
2) Bob and I were high school friends. We met at a splash party at Water Works Park in Cuyahoga Falls, OH when I was 16 and he was 17. We went our separate ways and while we remained friends, we didn't marry each other until 11 years later.
3) His mother and I and most of our family still call him "Bobbie".
4) I used to love outdoor ice skating when I was growing up and walked after dark to skate at "the gorge" ~ a nearby Metropolitan Park. I had to slide on my bottom down a huge wooded hill with my skates slung over my shoulder to get down to the skating area, and then climb back up with my skates still on to make it back up the hill. I never gave a thought to being afraid.
5) One time when I was about 13 I threw snowballs at passing cars. I have no idea why. It was dark and it just seemed like fun. (???) An angry man stopped his car, got out, and chased me all the way home, about a half block away. My dad actually got mad at the man for chasing me. It was probably the worst thing I ever did as a kid, with one exception. You'll have to ask me if you want to know the other thing...
6) I'm the oldest of 7 in the birth order of my family.
7) In two days I will be old enough to collect Social Security. No kidding.
Just having some fun today.....