Jan 24, 2011

Velvet Lady and Bow Tie Man



OK, so here we are, hubby and me, getting ready for church a week ago Sunday. Please don't look at the house, it's a mess.

Rebecca over at Thrifty Style at 62 is always talking about her favorite black velvet skirt, so I decided I would pull mine out of the closet and give it a wear. It's about 10 years old. It hasn't fit very well even though it is "stretchy" but I lost a few pounds and it felt pretty good. It was nice and warm too, with the single digit temps we've been having this winter.

Hubby is sporting his Christmas present, a bow tie I ordered from our daughter-in-law, who has a fast growing cottage industry going called The Cordial Churchman. She can't keep her sewing machine running fast enough and has been selling her fantastic bow ties all over the world. Levi-Strauss has them on mannequins in all their stores in the country as well, as they fit in nicely with the big retro fashion push they are promoting recently. So go to her blog and have a look. If there is a man in your life who would like to try a bow tie, well, now you know where to go!

5 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Wow, those are some very unique and beautiful bowties I must say.
You must be very proud of your darling dil. That is so wonderful she is doing so well with her business.
and Bowtie man did an awesome job of modeling as well. You looked great in your long velvet skirt as well my dear.
Did you get my comment about coming over for a surprise??? It is a couple of blogging awards. They are on Saturdays post.
Have a good Tuesday,
Blessings, Nellie

Rose said...

Wow those bow ties are great! Hey who are those fabulous people in that video? Love it.

Rebecca said...

Why no comments on the gorgeous black velvet skirt yet??? You look great, Jacquelyn! Of COURSE, the bow tie is fab, too. I didn't realize they NAMED them :)

Congrats on fitting in the skirt, too!

Rebecca said...

Oops! I see Nellie DID (comment). I haven't had my cuppa yet.

Brenda said...

Cute, cute video! Congrats in fitting into your black velvet skirt. What a nice pair you make.