I wasn't going to do this, I really wasn't. But I just can't help myself! So, no more promises to get off the food channel! We have to eat every day, and I really do enjoy cooking, so I'll probably put at least one recipe a week on here!
I saw this recipe on www.recipes.com under "cooking light" and it looked so good I had to try it. I did make a few slight modifications, so I'll give you my version:
1) grill 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts. (It was raining, so I used my George Foreman). Shred or slice when cooked.
2) In frying pan, heat about 1 Tbsp. olive oil; add about 1 cup sliced onions and about 1 cup sliced mushrooms. Add about 1 tsp. crushed garlic or sprinkle on garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste. Add about a Tbsp. of red wine vinegar. Cook and stir with wooden spoon until soft, about 5 minutes.
3) on griddle, place tortillas and begin heating. (I used whole wheat, which have 3 grams of fiber each!) Spoon mushroom mixture on 1/2 of tortilla.
4) Add some chicken slices, and some cheese. (I used soft goat cheese, but I think anything would work!)
5) Add a mixture of argula and spinach.
6) Carefully fold over tortillas...place a plate over them to hold them down. After they cook a minute, carefully flip them over and cook another minute on the other side.
7) Serve with salsa and/or sour cream.
(This uses about 6 regular sized tortillas.)