Jul 10, 2009

Garden Fresh Salsa

Here is a recipe I have used for years. It was passed on to me by my sister-in-law, Marcie. It is so easy and so much fun to make, but best of all it is really delicious. Let me know if you try it!

10 c. fresh tomatoes peeled & chopped
5 c. onions, chopped
5 c. green pepper, chopped
fresh red hot chilis, med. hot peppers, or 1 can green chilis, to taste
3 Tablespoons salt
1-3 Tablespoons garlic, to taste
1-3 Tablespoons oregano, to taste
2/3 c. vinegar
1-12 oz. jar tomato paste

Method: chop peppers & onions. Do hot peppers last. Steam all of them mixed together for ten minutes in microwave with a little water Drain thoroughly. Mix tomatoes, peppers & onions & spices all together. Add vinegar. Mix well. Process in hot water bath for 10 minutes. Makes 8 pints.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the first microwave salsa I've seen. Sounds YUMMY!