May 13, 2009

My "grand" Mother's Day week - Day Two

On Friday morning I got up early as usual with Grandpa and saw him off to work. Not long after, Deacon came downstairs and after some nice snuggles in the chair, announced he was hungry. I asked him what he wanted for breakfast, and he said "waffles". I hadn't made waffles for a while, so it took me a couple minutes to get the stuff together, and he must have thought I forgot the main point. He came out, looked me directly in the eye, and said "I want FOOD!" A true Stager-man!



One by one, the rest of the family joined in and it proved to be a yummy breakfast.

Our younger son, Sam, didn't have to work on Friday, so he and his brother Andy decided to split up the kids and hang out together. They took off with Elylah and Owen, their main destination being the local Am Vet thrift store! This is somewhat of a hobby they inherited from my father, who nick-named the place "Cheap Jacks" (or sometimes "CJ Boutique"). Andy is into finding name brand dress clothes as well as ivy league style things, while Sam is content with classic T-shirts and books. Ellie had made plans with friends, and took Deacon with her, which left me only with baby Ethan for the day. That left me the chance to squeeze in running a few errands with my mom.

Word got around that the South Carolina folks were in town, and we made plans to meet at a favorite pizza shop on Friday evening.


Here's my brother, Don, and my nephew, Adam:

My niece, Anne and her husband, Adam, who are expecting their first baby any day now!


Sam, (note the thrift store T-shirt) and our beautiful Elylah...


Andy, Owen and Deacon...

Here I am with Grandpa, and Andy (note the madras Burmuda shorts!) and our beautiful daughter-in-love, Ellie...I'm looking a bit washed out here...because...I wasn't feeling very well...

Here's one of my three sisters, Cindy...

and our other beautiful daughter-in-love, Joanna, with our precious little Ethan. Our family friend, Connie, who is like another sister, was also there, but her picture didn't turn out...sorry, Connie!


The end of my "grand" Mother's Day week day two proved to be the beginning of something not-so-grand for me. I ended up pathetically sick by late Friday evening and stayed that way until Sunday morning! I don't think I'll be having my favorite greasy pizza again anytime soon. Darn!





3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Sorry the weekend found you sick...but your beautiful family made it nicer for you I'm sure.

Andy said...

I think it's "madras". ;-) Enjoyed reading this--thanks!

Jacquelyn Stager said...

Andy and I love correcting each other's spelling gaffes...I especially drive him crazy with apostrophes in the wrong places!