May 4, 2009

when I have nothing to say...

...I can always talk about my grandchildren. (big smile) One day last week when I was babysitting my 3 yr old granddaughter and her 5 month old (high maintenance model) brother, I was trying to set her up to do some painting. Its hard to keep telling her to be patient because the baby needs more immediate attention at the moment. He prefers to be rocked to sleep in darkness and total quiet, thank you very much. So...I left Elylah downstairs with a book and promised to be back soon, while I took Ethan upstairs to rock him to sleep. About four or five minutes later, after he was safely and soundly sleeping in the crib, I came into the kitchen and found Elylah, busily and happily doing her thing. I mean, she had opened the (sealed) new bottles of paint, poured some onto the pallette, and had begun painting in her favorite colors, pink and purple.


I think this is pretty impressive if I have to say so! The pink and purple birdhouse she did for herself. She also painted a green and yellow one to give her mommy for Mother's Day. I'm so happy she loves to do crafts.
I think it will be a lot of fun to do things like this together for many years to come...Some of the other things we've made recently are colored paper chains, and painted bead bracelets and necklaces.



3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Oh my gosh! Such an adorable little girl Jacquelyn...It is fun to do crafts with grandchildren...we make colorful 3ft. paper chains and hang them from the porch roof with thin thread to turn in the wind...

Anonymous said...

Well look at that! She's quite artistic. What bird wouldn't love a pink & purple house?
Beautiful granddaughter and highly blessed to have a grandmother like you who loves her enough to train her up according to her 'giftings'.

Jacquelyn Stager said...

Thank you! I'm not the least bit artistic, but my dad was, and I have a precious picture of him giving coloring pointers to Elylah! Like the master and his student!