May 6, 2009

Yippee! They're coming tomorrow!

My son, Andy, was almost apologetic when he called yesterday, like he was feeling me out. "I don't know what you would think about this, but..." etc. etc. Say WHAT? He told me they had a change of plans and instead of heading to Arkansas, they are coming to Ohio! I'm so excited and I love these kinds of surprises! So we're going to get a nice long weekend with the South Carolina branch of our family! What a great Mother's Day present...and Ellie has a birthday this weekend too. Even though it's only been two months since we've seen them, it seems like forever and I can't wait to get my arms around those sweet little grandsons. Deacon was three in February, and Owen turned one in January. Here's a picture from last summer, when they were temporarily living in Virginia.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing!!!
May God grant you a completely joy-filled visit.
I can't imagine what it's like to have your son living so far away. I know the internet is a real blessing and of course there are phone calls. But I know your arms ache to hold those little guys and also your son & daughter-in-law!
From one grandmother to another.... Take lots of photos and share everything with us!

Jacquelyn Stager said...

Deb, I definitely hate being so far away from this son and his family. If I was not completely convinced their moving to SC was a total "God thing" I wouldn't be able to stand it. I guess its a story I should tell one of these days. Stay tuned :) And thanks for your well wishes!